3 Steps to Build Your Relationship with God



Before I started working on my relationship with God my life was frazzled. 

I was all over the place.
 
I felt lost.

I felt burdened down.

I felt sad.

It took me a long time to complete tasks.

But one day I decided to focus on building my relationship with Jesus. And that is when things took a huge change.

I started my relationship with God because I knew my situation had to change.  had to know God for myself.

A relationship with God has made my life better.

I became purpose-driven.

I was more focused.

I was genuinely happy.

I completed tasks faster.

I was able to think clearly.

I had peace of mind.

Today I am sharing a few things that helped me to get closer to God and are still helping me.

1.  To start your relationship with God, read the Bible.

I learned about God for myself by reading Genesis 1.  

I started at the beginning of the Bible because I was starting fresh with my relationship.  

I also started a plan on the Bible App to help me read a few verses a day. It was like having an accountability partner.

I had devotion each day.

During this devotional time,  I would  either read the Bible or use the Bible app plan.

Each day I have a specific time with God to learn about who He is. 

Before I began my devotion, my prayer was,"Lord please help me understand your message for me today." 

With this prayer I am asking God to keep my focus on whatever He wants me to know from the chapter I read. 

When I started to trust in the Bible and Jesus My life was different and better. 

2. To stay consistent in your relationship with God start a journal.

One thing that I have found to really help me stay consistent is journaling.

I bought a journal to write down the things I was learning in my devotion. 

Each day I was learning something new and I became excited to retain this information. 
So, I wrote down everything I learned from the devotion and the Bible. 
Even now as I read my devotional journal I am still amazed at what I learned.

3. To maintain connection with God, pray.

So here is the thing about prayer...you can pray anywhere anytime. PERIODT 

Pray.

The Bible says men ought always pray in Luke 18:1

You can tell God if you are mad.

You can tell God that you are happy.

You can talk out a situation with God.

You can cry out to God.

Each time you talk to God, in any way, He hears you. He does not ignore you or put you on DND, do not disturb. 

The best way to know someone is to talk to them and prayer is our way of talking to God. He wants to talk to you too. He listens and He responds.


God only operates in righteousness Psalm 145: 17. That means that everything He does is morally correct and just. 

He is perfect and His love is unconditional.

His perfect love covers us.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


0 yorum:

Post a Comment